Friday, December 24, 2010

Cardamom Dinner Rolls

Cardamom Dinner Rolls
adapted from Martha Stewart's website (gasp!)


The Mighty Bay Leaf generally prefers not to bake. Measurements are scary. Chemistry = blah. I messed this Martha Stewart recipe up real quick and had to run to the store on Christmas Eve to get more butter. But behold! Like the Star of Bethlehem, these glossy dinner rolls pictured on the right are LEGIT, actual dinner rolls that I made all by myself. It's a good thang.

  • 1/4 cup warm water
  • 2 packets active dry yeast
  • 1 1/2 cups warm whole milk
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 6 to 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cardamom

  • So.... yeast. Neat. You just shake it onto the warm water in a bowl and wait for five minutes, 'til it stinks and foams.

    Next, you mix all of the..... oh screw it. Just click the link to Martha's recipe and add cardamom to the dry mixture. Also, you can sprinkle cardamom on top of the rolls after the egg wash, just before baking. Next time, I'd even sprinkle a little sugar.

    The recipe says this yields 30, but I got 29 from it because I'm not exact and also because THAT'S HOW I ROLL.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment